Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fairy and Butterfly Wind Chime

My craft room is decked out with fairy statues and fairytale items I've been collecting since my childhood. It's my happy space and these things make me happy! It reminds me of my youth and of whimsy and delight. Keeps me creating whimsical and delightful creations!

I came up with this wind chime idea while napping on the couch with my daughter. She was very into Disney TV and I was spacing out. (One can only see those shows so many times before the brain melt starts!)

I started with a cut from the new Flower Shoppe Cricut cartridge. I cut "Fun4" at fit to page. I taped the flower together to give it it's 3D shape. Then I cut an image from the Paper Lace cart both in chipboard and white cardstock. I hot glued my new Paper Lace "bracket" inside the flower.


This is what the top of my wind chime looks like upside down.

I cut two different fairies from A Child's Year cart and butterflies from Paper Lace in varying sizes. I attached them to 24 inches of green and turquoise ribbon with glue and hot glue. At the bottom of the ribbons I attached varying sizes of flowers from the Mother's Day Bouquet cart. In between the flowers I hot glued a penny for weight. Lastly, I attached rhinestones along the ribbon for some sparkle.






For the top of the wind chime I glued a variety of Mother's Day Bouquet flowers in varying sizes and colors.




I took these pictures outside on my deck. My neighbors beautiful garden is the perfect backdrop for these photos.



Recipe
Cricut Cartridges : A Child's Year, Flower Shoppe, Paper Lace, Mother's Day Bouquet
Paper : Basic Grey "Urban Prairie" and My Mind's Eye "Where the Heart Is"
Ribbon : $1 bin at Michael's
Rhinestones : The Paper Studio Gemstones from Hobby Lobby


I am entering this project at My Pink Stamper for her design team. The challenge was to make anything Cricut with the colors orange, turquoise, green and brown.

I had a lot of fun making this fairy and butterfly wind chime. This morning my son said "I really like your hanger mom, can I have it." To impress a 4 year old boy is compliments enough.


9 comments:

  1. Your project is amazing! Just fabulous!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where are you going to put that? I love it Carissa! Your so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible!! What a great idea!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Stunning! You should make the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! I love this! My girls would so want one!
    www.dawnicakorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is an awesome project! Love all the cuts! Such a creative wind chime! Good luck!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful and so cleaver! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea. They look like it is make out of copper.

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!