Monday, October 22, 2012

"This and That" Anniversary Box

Happy Monday everyone. Today is my turn to post on the Pumpkin Spice Blog.

This weekend my family and I celebrated my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary. My grandparents are just the cutest couple. They laugh together, and travel, and just love each other so much. What an amazing example they have set for our family. As a gift, everyone in the family participated in a "mail call", writing letters and cards for them. I created this box to hold all the letters in.

I bought a plain black scrapbook box from my local hobby store. I painted the top with white acrylic paint. When that was dry, I applied a thin layer of Modge Podge and laid down some paper. After layering more paper and the title, I applied a final layer of Modge Podge to seal everything in. The flowers and embellishments on top were glued on with hot glue.




Supplies:

 Echo Park "This & That - Graceful" -  Red Floral

 Echo Park "This & That - Graceful" - Teal Damask

 Echo Park "This & That - Graceful" - Lace

 Echo Park "This & That - Graceful" - Brown / Light Pink
Echo Park "This & That Graceful"
found here for $0.55

 Echo Park "This & That - Graceful" - Alpha Stickers
Echo Park "This & That" Alpha stickers
found here for $2.09

 Echo Park "A Boy's Life" - Play Time
Echo Park "A Boy's Life"
found here for $0.55

 Beautiful Moments Double-Sided Cardstock Pad 6"X6"
Carta Bella "Beautiful Moments" 6x6 paper pad
found here for $4.20

 CITRON - “Grow” Brads
MME "Indie Chic" brads
found here for $4.19

 GINGER - “Pictures” Decorative Tape
MME "Indie Chic" washi tape
found here for $6.99

 Londonerry Avon Rose Mulberry Paper Flowers 1" 24/Pkg
Prima Flowers
found here for $3.50

Cricut Cartridges : Lacy Labels, A Child's Year, Mother's Day Bouquet, Flower Shoppe

Hope you have a wonderful week!! This may be the last days of semi warm weather for us in the midwest.


 

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful box! Fabulous job, my friend. I made a huge scrapbook for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary; they had given all of their photos and helped me organize them chronologically and by relative. It took me three months! For their 65th wedding anniversary I made a 2-page spread of the 60th anniversary party and a second scrapbook using all of the photos that I had not used in the first scrapbook.

    Happy anniversary to your grandparents! I know they will treasure this beautiful box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous, Carissa! I'm sure this box will be treasured for a long time. ~Hugs, Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful...love the paper and the flowers!!! Lee-Ann:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!Beautiful and very Stunning!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colors so cheerful and your flowers are stunning...really pretty

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!