Monday, November 19, 2012

"Christmas Day" Explosion Box

Happy Monday everyone! I'm so happy Thanksgiving is this Thursday. I can almost smell the turkey cooking in the oven. Yum. Can't wait!!

If you're anything like me, the holidays creep up ever so slowly. Then suddenly it's Christmas Day and all the craft projects you wanted to do just didn't get done. This year I'm sticking to my guns and getting a little crafting done each day.

Today I have a Christmas project to share with you. This weekend I created my very first explosion box. I know right - I've never made one! It's like a right of crafting passage to make on. Haha. It was so easy and fun to make. And the end product is just darling.

Enjoy this quick video showing how the box opens and fun details inside. 






Supplies:

Find the whole Carta Bella "Christmas Day" collection here

  Carta Bella "Christmas Day" - Collection Kit
 Carta Bella "Christmas Day" Collect Kit
$10.49

 Carta Bella "Christmas Day" - 6 x 13 Chipboard
 Carta Bella "Christmas Day" chipboard accents
$2.79

 Carta Bella "Christmas Day" - Brads
Carta Bella "Christmas Day" brads
$4.19

 Winter Wonderland: Stamps
 My Mind's Eye "Winter Wonderland" stamps
found here for $4.19

 Crinkle Ribbon  ~ Tobacco Brown  ~ 6 yards
 Crinkle Ribbon "tobacco"
found here for $1.50

Have a great week everyone! I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving full of food and family and fun.










2 comments:

  1. I just love these Explosion Boxes! I have never made one but should.

    Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your exploding box! Lots of nooks and crannies to stash notes and pictures. Your mother-in-law is a lucky lady. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!