Monday, May 30, 2011

MOM Grungeboard Book

I made this MOM grungeboard book for my mom this past Mother's Day. Have I mentioned my mom is my biggest and craftiest supporter. She illustrates for children's material. Check out her blog. She owns the Cricut Personal Cutting Machine and a gypsy. She has made some beautiful paper crafting projects and cards. She's awesome!!

I started by welding the letters MOM from the Zoo Day cricut cartridges to a rectangle on my gypsy. I adjusted the rectangle to the exact size I wanted by unlinking (clicking off the chain link) the size proportion. I cut out the welded pieces in Tim Holtz grungeboard. It was my first time using this material and I liked it. It cut very well using my Cricut Expression machine and deep cut blade and housing. The edges also inked really well. I then cut out the rectangles and letters in patterned paper and assembled the book.
I punched holes on the left side using my Crop-a-dile Big Bite and bound the edges with ribbon.

Each page has different images from my Cricut. They are just waiting for some pics to be added.



My favorite page is the back page. It's simple but pretty. It has a Thank You sentiment stamped on a postage stamp image covered with Stickles. Just love that Stickles sparkle!!

I was really inspired doing the project. This was my first welded word album and it turned out pretty simple. I have some great ideas for my next one!!



1 comment:

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!