Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thank You Card with Paper Lace

I made two cards for my son's teachers for the last day of school. I found a "Thank You" sentiment in the Paper Lace cartridge I thought was cute. Found on page 61, it has a base shadow feature (love when there's a shadow).

I cut it out several times to find the size I needed. A trick I learned from Obsessed with Scrapbooking is to buy some cheap white cardstock (I get mine at Walmart) and practice cutting out your images with that. Then you can figure out the exact size you need without wasting your good paper.

I cut out the "Thank You" at 1 1/4 inches. It fit perfect on a vertical A2 size card. I cut out 3 sentiments cause they fit across the 12x12 Core'dination cardstock.
I try to fill up the space and cut out extra if it fits. Then I put the extra "Thank You" in my scrap stash for later. Need a card in a pinch - no problem- just grab some ready made images.

I find it easy to leave the base shadow on the mat and glue the layers on top. Then there's not too much movement with the little pieces. Gotta love Tweezer Bees and Zig 2-way glue pens. 

I used this beautiful Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper for the background. Added some ribbon trim from my stash at the top. Little yellow flower on the inside with a black stamped bee finished the card.
                            

I had enough paper so I made a third card to keep. For this card I added two rhinestone blings over the ribbon. I also hand cut out the bee at the bottom and popped it up with a pop-dot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!