Monday, July 30, 2012

"Life of the Party" Princess Dolls

Happy Monday everyone. It's my turn to post on the Pumpkin Spice Blog.

For our yearly vacation to Minnesota this year, I wanted to create quiet books for my son and daughter. I ended up making a binder filled with a variety of activities. It's to keep their minds active and their mouths quiet on the 8 hour drive up north. It was super fun to make!!

I created this princess dolls dress-up spread for my daughter's quiet book. I used the Cricut cartridge "Once Upon a Princess" and cut out all the dolls and dresses at 5 1/2 inches. The 6x6 paper pads sold at Shop Pumpkin Spice were the perfect paper match.



Supplies:

 Life of the Party
My Mind's Eye "Life of the Party"
supplies found here

 Say It In Crystals Adhesive Jewels 551353
Prima "Say it in Crystals"
found here for $2.10

I covered each piece of clothing with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and set it with my heat gun. It was kinda putsy to do, but I am confident my daughter can't rip the clothes apart now! The dolls and clothes are all moveable, affixed to the binder with Velcro. I've kept the books a secret and plan on surprising them after we stop for breakfast. I'm sure my daughter will be thrilled with "dressing-up" her princesses.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I love this idea. i never thought of making "Quiet books" for my kids when we travel 4 hrs to PEI. I will for sure be scraplifting this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Carissa, the dolls you made are so, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a super mommy! that vacation spot looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! What an awesome idea! I love it!

    Lauren
    laurenslittlecraftyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!