Saturday, May 5, 2012

May SPS Blog Hop : Folded Wallet Picture Holder


Welcome everyone to the May Pumpkin Spice Blog Hop. Be sure to hop to the SPS Blog and read all the challenge rules and enter to win a $20 gift certificate to the store.

When I heard we were doing a project my mind started turning and turning. I wanted to make something for a mom for Mother's Day. And what better project then a folded wallet picture holder. A what? you ask. A place for a mom to hold some wallet sized pictures of her favorite kiddos of course.

I did a picture tutorial so if you wanted to make something similar you have the dimensions and instructions. 

 1. Take a 12x12 piece of cardstock and cut it to be 8x12. 
2. Score the 8" side at 4". 
3. Turn the cardstock and score the 12" side at 3", 6", and 9". 

4. Fold the cardstock lengthwise with the right side on the outside. Open up.
5. Place a die cut on the inside facing down. Make sure the die cut is in the center of the score lines.
(Tip: I use a tiny piece of tape to hold the die cut in place)
6. Fold lengthwise again.

7. Sandwich inside your favorite die cut machine and run through.

8. Move the die cut to the next area. Keep within the score lines and make sure the die cut is facing down.

Here is the panel with four cuts out. Each score line section measures 3x4.

9. Run 1/4" score tape along all the score lines and the edges.
Do not put score tape along the top.

10. Fold over and seal all the sides together. 
The top is open to slide a wallet size photo inside.
Now just decorate to your hearts delight!

Here is a picture of the inside of my "Folded Wallet Picture Holder".

A close up of my favorite little 5 year old.

All folded up. I used some twine and brads as a closer on the side.

This is the back all decorated up.

Supplies
 
My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found Two" Sunshine 12x12 cardstock
found here for $0.69 
 
 
Spellbinders "Nestabilities" Dies
found here for $17.49 


My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found Two" Sunshine Title
found here for $0.41

My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found Two" Sunshine Brads
found here for $4.19

The Twinery "Cappuccino" twine
found here for $1.00 (5 yards)

My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found Two" Sunshine Layered Stickers
sold out!

Hope you are inspired to create your own card and link it to the SPS Blog. Challenges ends Sunday, May 7th at midnight! Good luck!!







7 comments:

  1. This is so awesome it came out beautifully. I may try this one. Thanks for the inspiration.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I bookmarked it...I so want to make this!!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Carissa! I can see every mom wanting one of these! ~Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun little project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohlala! Another project I just love and HAVE to try! TFS

    Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is cool. Question can you use any die? I think I will give this a try for my dad and hubby. TFS AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, beautiful as always! i can't believe you turned that plain piece of paper into that finished album - wow! great job!

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!