Saturday, May 5, 2012

May SPS Blog Hop : Summer Days Layout


Welcome everyone to the May Pumpkin Spice Blog Hop. Be sure to hop to the SPS Blog and read all the challenge rules and enter to win a $20 gift certificate to the store.

This is my take on the layout challenge. I did a short picture tutorial to show you how I work through a layout. Sometimes I get my inspirations for a layout from my pictures and sometimes from my paper and embellishments. When I have no inspiration I look to the internet for some sketch ideas. I found this sketch and new I wanted to make a quick layout with it. My page measures 8x8.

 
1. Get a sketch idea.
I found this sketch of a layout on Pinterest. (Thanks Michelle Wallace!)

 2. Find paper and cut out a bunch of die cuts.
With my Cricut I cut out a variety of sizes and shapes never knowing what I will use. 

 3. Gather embellishments, paper, trim, ect.
I have several boxes of Pumpkin Spice supplies, so I just go shopping through my stuff and pull out everything I think I will use. I don't use it all though!

4. Start layering pieces according to the sketch.
I always try to do a variation of the sketch. If an embellishment looks funny, then I just move it to another spot.

 5. Adjust. Edit. Layer.
Keep moving the pieces until it looks right. Layer more to add interest. 

6. Add the final touches.
Here I added words and rhinestones and Stickles.

Supplies

 
 Echo Park "Summer Days" paper
found here for $0.55

 
Core'dinations "Lemonade" 12x12 cardstock
found here for $0.36

Echo Park "Play Ground" Alpha Stickers
found here for $2.09

My Mind's Eye "Lime Twist" Be You Twine
found here for $2.09

Prima "Say It In Crystals" Adhesive Jewels
found here for $2.10

Aqua Stickles Glitter Glue
found here for $1.53
 
Cricut cartridge "Life's a Beach"

Hope you are inspired to create your own card and link it to the SPS Blog. Challenges ends Sunday, May 7th at midnight! Good luck!!






7 comments:

  1. cute layout love all the bright colors tfs
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! great layout.Love all the elements.
    ge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the LO!! Such fun colors and awesome papers!!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun layout, Carissa!! Your kiddos are so cute! ~Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial. Great layout. Love all the elements you used.
    Ogdendoll@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and creative layout. Thanks for sharing how your mind works. :)
    Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is so cute. I love your color and the fun pictures. TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!