Thursday, December 6, 2012

12 Days of Cricut : Day #1 - Snowflake Silhouette

Tis the season for crafty Christmas goodness!

This year I've set a goal for myself of creating 12 Cricut Christmas projects to share with you. I just love using my Cricut! And I'm excited to challenge myself into making 12 different projects for Christmas.

For my first project I'd like to share with you a snowflake silhouette. The Cricut has a ton of amazing cartridges that can cut out snowflakes. My favorite is Winter Lace. It can cut a variety of different snowflakes, has a shadow feature and can cut 3D snowflakes.

Here is a quick video tutorial on how I cut these out.



Here are my snowflakes all cut out. 
The detail really shows up once they are cut at a large size.

Using my ATG gun, I ran some adhesive at the pointed edge of each flake. Then I hung them up on the large bay window in my family room. 

Look at how adorable they are on the window. 
And you can see them from the outside too!

I'll probably cut a ton more out over the next week. They turned out soooo cute. And my kiddos were obsessing over having some in their room and hanging them on the front door. Whew!

According to www.mycutsearch.com there are 53 cartridges that can cut snowflakes. And most of those cartridges have more than 1 type of snowflake. That's a lot of flakes!!

Stay tuned for much more Christmas crafty videos to come. And stay tuned for the 4 giveaways I'm doing this month. One each week!!


1 comment:

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!