Thursday, June 9, 2011

Flower Girl Totes

My cousin getting married in July asked me to create a cute tote for her flower girls. Something she could give to them as a thank you gift. She bought three pink (did I mention her main wedding color is pink!) fabric totes and told me to go to town and do whatever I wanted. I just love that kind of freedom!!

Here is the tote before I go all crazy.


I started by making some crochet flowers in different shade of pink. Then I die cut some felt flowers using my Cuttlebug and Papertrey Ink felt and dies. For further info please see the previous two posts!

I wanted to put the girls' names on the bag, but I didn't want some lame iron-on lettering. Using my Gypsy and the font feature of the Paper Lace Cricut cartridge I welded the names together. I laid them out on my 12x12 mat leaving lots of space between the words. Then I cut the names out using vinyl.


I stuck the vinyl stencil onto the fabric tote making sure I put the insides of the letters in. Using my brayer, I made sure the vinyl was stuck well. Then using a fabric paint I painted the names. Easy peasy!



I waited for the paint to dry and carefully removed the vinyl. It worked awesome. The lines came out really clean.

Afterwards, I hot glued the crocheted and felt flowers around the names. A couple bedazzled rhinestone bling and fabric paint dots and I was done.


I hope my cousin likes the totes. But more importantly I hope her three little flower girls do too!!


1 comment:

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!