Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day Fishing Card

I made this card for my husband for Father's Day. I love the cute little boy and girl cuts. My husband said "are these our kids?" when he opened the card. I laughed so hard!! Then I told him it was cut from the Cricut. I love how amazed husbands are by the crafty stuff we do!

I cut the boy, girl and fish from A Child's Year Cricut cartridge. Then I went Tim Holtz ink crazy on the cuts to give them a more manly aged feel. The ink practically turned the paper into leather. I used a combo of Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. Love it!!




I cut the tag and the phrase from the Wild Card cart. I ran a bunch of cuts through different Cuttlebug folders to add more texture. The base of the card is actually a paper bag. I cut the top off so the tag could fit in and you can still read "Happy Father's Day". And of course I inked the heck out of the bag too. (My fingers were brown!!)

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card and tag!! I love the brown ink tint that you did!! I loved it!! Thanks for sharing your creative talent with us!! By the way I love your quote!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! You are so great at using your Cricut. I'm behind on leaving comments, but wanted to say congrats on the Top 5 on Fantabulous too! I have an irresistibly sweet blog award for you, which you can pick up on my blog at any time. ~LuLu - http://craftingwithlu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. Very cute. I just became one of your new followers. I'd like to stop back to see more of your projects as you list them. I would like to invite you over to my blog to have a look around. I would welcome you to follow if you would like.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading all your comments! Thank you!